Thursday, January 20, 2011

two music videos I adore


"Music does bring people together.
It allows us to experience the same emotions.
People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit.
No matter what language we speak, what color we are,
the form of our politics or the expression of our love and our faith,
music proves: We are the same."
~ John Denver ~




Here are two music videos that I think are great. Completely different. The second one made me cry.

_________________________________________________________


I love the message of this one. Who cares what everybody else thinks. Live you own life.
I really love Pink. Her music is always saying something. She doesn't care about what anybody thinks. She writes crazy songs, songs with a message, and some that are really gut wrenchingly personally.
I've always been a fan.
Here's a touching one she sang the Grammys - Glitter in the Air
I also love Fun House because the way she dances in the video is so fun! It makes me want to dance.


_________________________________________________________


This one is sung by Sara Bareilles but there is no official music video out. This video was made by a filmmaker that I just stumbled accros on YouTube. love YouTube, don't you? I didn't even know it wasn't the official video, it's that good. The singer is, obviously, not her, but she does an excellent acting job. WELL DONE to the maker - Sean Willis.
It's a beautiful song and the video is an interesting interpretation of it. Like I said, made me cry.

I think Sara Bareilles is fascinating; a true artist. Writes her own songs and is more amazing in person than on her cds. I had the pleasure of seeing her live at Rams Head Live in Annapolis MD. She was wonderful. Her music is so catchy with messages and she isn't whiney about life. She just seems like a real upbeat kind of person. Love!
Here's some more videos/songs I like - Morningside
This one's powerful - City
And of course, I love her newest video/song - King of Anything. it's so spunky!
I go into it a little more - here - in response to my post about codependency.

~
"Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life."
~ Berthold Auerbach (1812-1882) ~
~


 So thanks for allowing me go on this mini musical blog binge and tell you about some videos I love. I suppose I could be writing about "better" things but music is so important to me that I like to share things that inspire me with others. I hope you like them. 

I've been working a lot on my resume lately so I think I'm gonna post some about how to put your resume together. Of course I'm using some excellent books which, of course! I will share with YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I do review my comments to deter slander. Thank you for your consideration and again, thanks for reading. Have a lovely day! - Ciara