Monday, January 3, 2011

Self Titled.

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.  
~Author Unknown~


It's that time of year again; when we set ourselves up for failure for the rest of the year!

I'm just kidding. But really.

I've never been very big on new years resolutions. Mostly I guess because you can't fail at something that you don't resolve to do! :) But it's a new year and a new chapter in my life and I'm bound and determined to make this year better than the last one. I'm not gonna be hard on myself , I'm gonna do things I want to do!

Get fit. Get outdoors. Even though Montana's gonna be FREEZING I'm going to do outside stuff. Even if I have to join a gym I'm gonna get more active. I also plan on making my brother take me backpacking and camping; Yellowstone or Glacier and Baker Lake.

Plant things. I don't know if I can do this yet in the winter but I'm sure there are things I can plant inside. Besides, this is supposed to last all year right? Most especially, tomatoes and herbs. I looooove the smell of ripening tomatoes. Delish!

Can things. Make yogurt and my grandma's famous buttermilk syrup! yum! This includes trying new recipes, that won't be hard for me. I want to try more vegetarian dishes and incorporate and learn how to use different types of grains and whats not.

Make things. This includes practicing my calligraphy. I'm also going to work on my clay faces that my mother likes so much. I'm gonna finally do something with them.

Make money. A prerequisite to all. (this includes SAVING money) Love you Dave Ramsey!

Happy New Year y'all!

I liked this little quote...

The merry year is born

Like the bright berry from the naked thorn.
~Hartley Coleridge


Cleo and Pixie. Cleo is my shadow, Pixie is the little piggy that cried wee wee wee.

That's me. Wishing you a wonderful 2011 filled with happiness and health and a little good luck.


There are so many good quotes out there one New Years... I couldn't pick just one!

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.  
~Author Unknown

He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool.
~F.M. Knowles

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.
Benjamin Franklin





New Years Prayer



Dear Lord,
In the new year, we pray
that You will guide us each new day
in paths that are pleasing to You.
Lord, the new year gives us another chance
to rededicate our lives to You,
to study Your Word
so that we know right from wrong
and to act in accordance with Your commands.
Thank You for the sense of
direction, purpose and peace we get
from aligning our lives with Your Holy will.
We pray for the strength and the will to obey You
each and every day of the new year,
and when we fail, we pray for Your mercy,
Your compassion, Your grace and Your love.
Help us in the new year to be Your faithful servants.
In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.



By Joanna Fuchs





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I do review my comments to deter slander. Thank you for your consideration and again, thanks for reading. Have a lovely day! - Ciara