Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Making Yourself a Priority

“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option”
??? Mark Twain / Kelly Angard ???

What a great quote. Here's an interesting thing. I was meandering around on the web and came across it, and was interested in what might come up if I copy/pasted it into Google. The first link I clicked took me to this interesting blogger (funny how they just pop up all over the place) and also that this artist Kelly Angard has the quote copy-righted to her name. ? Apparently she has an original piece of artwork with that quote attributed to it. But here's what she says underneath the picture - photo & quote: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2006 kelly angard 
DO NOT REPRINT OR POST QUOTE or PHOTOGRAPH without consent from KELLY ANGARD.


But whatever. I went to Kelly's website and she really has some very interesting photos. I rather like her stuff. So I have no problem including her links on my blog. I wish I could post some of her pictures cuz they're beautiful. And I love her use of quotes. I'm a big quote fan. 


Anyways, back to the qutoe...
Sometimes I have to remind myself to do this; make myself a priority. It's not that I worry about what people think of me but that I don't want to disappoint those people close to me. I want to make the decisions they want me to make because it'll make them happy. I know it's silly. It doesn't make sense to a lot of people and I don't know why I'm like that. Must be that codependency coming out in me. Other people's happiness makes me happy. But I can't do that when I know what the right decision for me is. It's still hard.


I'm trying to work in it and not worry about disappointing people. The truth is, is that I know that my family and friends will not and are not disappointed by me in the least! But my brain is silly and doesn't always remember that. So it's all crazy; here I am with a wonderful supportive family and circle of wonderful friends who love me for me, and I'm trying to make them happy with my own decisions??? wtf right?! They're already happy with me so I don't need to do anything more. 


So I'll keep reminding myself of these things. Maybe I'll write out the quote and tape it to my monitor.


I Googled "how to make yourself a priority" and found some stuff on ehow.com.

Plan Plan Plan Your Day
must dos/should dos/like to dos
rank them by importance (As, Bs & Cs)
remember to schedule time for yourself throughout the day
Get Up Early
have some quiet time with a coffee/book... whatever
this will also help you feel more relaxed and prepared for the day's challenges
Begin Your Day!
cross out your list of to-dos throughout the day; it will make you feel accomplished
check with yourself throughout the day 
Keep it Up
you can do more when you take time for yourself
if you're feeling good you'll keep doing it



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I do review my comments to deter slander. Thank you for your consideration and again, thanks for reading. Have a lovely day! - Ciara