Wednesday, January 25, 2012

out for a stroll

Unknown Mami


There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself.  ~Ruth Stout~

I found these in my grandpa's garage and went for a little walk on the day of our first big snow in the Bitterroot Valley - Montana. It was a lot of fun, my first time snowshoeing... but I was so sore when I got home!

Every mile is two in winter.  ~George Herbert~

Pretty trees I found along my walk



More cool trees covered in snow.


Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.



Brew me a cup for a winter's night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I'll toast our bright eyes,
my sweetheart fair.
~Minna Thomas Antrim



Cruel and cold is the judgment of man, Cruel as winter, and cold as the snow; But by-and-by will the deed and the plan Be judged by the motive that lieth below.
Lewis J. Bates

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment. I do review my comments to deter slander. Thank you for your consideration and again, thanks for reading. Have a lovely day! - Ciara